The Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie is part of the Coconut and Hibiscus line. The ingredients are: de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil, Mangifera Indica (mango) seed butter*, Persea Gratissima (avocado) oil, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil*, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, silk protein, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) seed oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil, Caprylyl glycol, Sorbitol Esters, essential oil blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract and Tocopherol (vitamin E)
If you knew me personally, you would know that I am a BIG Shea Moisture fan. I loved almost everything I have tried. The first product that I ever tried from "SM" is the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I must say I HATED it! I hated it on wet, damp, and completely dry hair. I was thinking "If this is what Shea Moisture is about then I do not want it" I tried this product in many different ways. I tried it as a moisturizer, styler, a deep conditioner, and a sealer. It was disgusting. I was more hurt than anything because this was the infamous curl enhancing smoothie! How could it not work?! I felt as though I was the only one in the world who didn't like this until I found a youtuber by the name of LolaKinkz. She hated it also, so I didn't feel that bad about myself.
The Curl Enhancing Smoothie has made my hair soft as a styler but my scalp became very itchy and I had white flakes. At first, I thought I was using to much but when I decreased the amount of product, I still had flakes! I couldn't believe it. When I used it as a deep conditioner it did absolutely nothing for my hair. My hair had a brittle feeling. I am very surprised that my hair reacted to the product this way because my hair loves shea butter so I thought that this product would work. But I guess not.
No comments:
Post a Comment