Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Let Me Introduce Myself!

My name is Angelique and I go by the name AngieCharme. I am officially a product junkie. Yes, I am a PJ. Yes shame, but I cannot hide who I am inside.

I am a nineteen year old young lady who is trying to figure out who she really is. They say that during the time of adolescence a person tries to figure themselves out. Well that's exactly what I am doing. The best way to know my true self is a lot of soul searching and going NATURAL! Yes NATURAL!

Now I sure that everyone who reads this is not a teenager but I think we can have common ground here! Products and our hair! Our beautiful natural hair.

So let me explain why I actually went natural. As a young child I always had long very kinky hair. I mean very very kinky or should I say the "forbidden" word "nappy". My hair was so NAPPY that no salon in Brooklyn would do my hair. It was only one lady (God Bless her soul) who made the BOLD decision to straighten my hair. But that's not the point. Anyways, my mother didn't know how to take care of my hair. Of course, there wasn't much information about taking care of "nappy" hair. My mother didn't even comb my hair the correct way. So forget about leave in conditioners and oils. It was all about small tooth combs and grease. Sometimes even Vaseline. So at the age of 11, she decided to perm my hair.

At first my hair was luscious and long but it slowly began to break off. The crown of my head became my "weak spot" and my hair from 11 until now has disappeared. So here I am, natural and confused.
So lets take this journey together. Products, hairstyles, regimens, and all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment